1. Protect and also Weatherproof! One of the most efficient COOLING AND HEATING system in the world can not offset an inadequately insulated house. Drafty windows and door seals and also under-insulated attic rooms and exterior walls can trigger your COOLING AND HEATING to function double-time trying to keep up.
2. Not all heating, ventilation and a/c (A/C) devices is equivalent. As high as fifty percent of the power utilized in your house mosts likely to heating and air conditioning. So making clever choices concerning your residence's COOLING AND HEATING system could have a large impact on your energy expenses-- as well as your comfort.
3. Heating and cooling costs account for virtually half the residence's complete power expense. If your central air unit is more than One Decade old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency design could cut your air conditioning expenses by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a higher seasonal power effectiveness ratio (SEER) than typical versions, that makes them regarding 14% much more efficient compared to conventional models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing as well as proper installment of an air conditioning system are vital to energy effectiveness and residence comfort, it is important to employ a qualified service technician.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Heating and Cooling Contractor Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and also heating seasonal efficiency element (HSPF) compared to standard designs, which makes them regarding 8% percent extra efficient compared to standard new versions and 20% much more effective compared to what you might currently have in your home.
6. Natural gas heating systems getting rebates have annual gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them approximately 15% extra efficient than basic models. One in four furnaces in U.S. homes today is more than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas furnaces use advanced technology to supply greater performance compared to common brand-new heating systems offered today.
7. High-efficiency heating and air conditioning tools gotten the BGE discount meet or exceed the United States Epa's ENERGY STAR ® demands for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to change your main cooling and heating system?
When your equipment requires regular repairs and also your energy bills are boosting.
When your heat pump or a/c is more than One Decade old. Think about changing it with a more recent, much more power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund efficiency degrees
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, a lot more energy-efficient furnace that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate effectiveness levels.
9. Although these products can be extra expensive to buy in advance, the expense distinction will certainly be paid back gradually through lower power costs. Be sure to ask your specialist concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Discounts which can considerably help in reducing the distinction in price between common and also high-efficiency products.
10. Proper maintenance could go a long way in protecting against future heating and cooling system issues. Ask your specialist concerning yearly pre-season exams. Contractors typically obtain extremely active throughout summer season and also winter months, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating unit in the autumn.